Use caution when coosing your holiday decorations and lighting.
- Decorations should be made from flame-resistant materials whenever
- Purchase holiday lights that bear the UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- Always follow the manufacturers' instructions for installation
- Before hanging lights, inspect all light strings carefully and
replace any broken or damaged items before plugging the lights
- Always unplug lights before changing bulbs or fuses.
- Take care not to hang lights in a manner that could damage the
cords; use clips instead of nails.
- DO NOT overload electrical sockets, and don't run electrical
cords underneath rugs.
- Lastly, be sure to turn off all decorative lighing before leaving
the house or going to bed.